HOW TO STYLE: SNEAKERS FT. NEW BALANCES


This is my first post part of my "How To Style," series for 2016!! For this ensemble, I decided to put together an outfit that consisted of sneakers, specifically 'New Balances.' I have been very much inspired by Instagrammer/Blogger @sincerelyjules (some of you may know her) and Content Creators/YouTubers, Cassie & Ricci from @tothe9s (most of you may know them). 
*red font color = links


My boyfriend, Jeff, and I decided to make a quick trip to Los Angeles. We headed to Koreatown for lunch and then Larchmont Village for dessert!! So this is the outfit I wore for a sunny winter yet breezy day in Southern California. 

I threw on my trusty pair of black ripped knee skinnies from A&F. I got to have them high waisted! These black jeans are my absolutes! They are not too skinny and are super comfortable to walk around all day long in. They almost feel like leggings... (almost) | BLACK KNEE RIPPED (NOT HIGH WAISTED)

Moving onto my top part of the outfit, I wore a striped black and white tee from Zara! This tee has a loose fitting, which I absolutely love! It works so well with my high waisted jeans. | SIMILAR TOP

What I put over my top was my brand new black trench coat from a store called "Image." I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a black long trench coat like this one and I found the perfect one, finally. It is so lightweight and makes every outfit that I wear look a little more dressed up. This coat is something that I will probably be wearing a lot this year. So, please don't judge me for outfit repeating, because once I love an item I buy, might as well wear it to my fullest!! (Outfit repeaters unite) | SIMILAR STYLE

The blue bag, you guys have seen in my "How To Style: T-Shirt Dresses" post, but I brought it back for this outfit. I just love how bright blue it is and how it just adds a pop of color to any outfit. I'd have to say that this item is the statement piece for this outfit! | (Can't find anything similar to it, so sorry!!) 

Last but not least, to my feeeeet!! My new balances were on sale at Urban Outfitters. But I love these shoes, because of how they carry a vintage-y type of look. They have suede material and are super comfortable. The cream color matches perfectly well with the tint of blue on the "N" label. | SHOES


So I hope this post inspired you guys to style your own pair of sneakers in a different way. Sneakers can be dressed up or down, no such thing as only being able to wear booties or heels to make an outfit look dressy. Or if you're going for a casual look, but still want to look nice, then don't be afraid to throw on those sneakers! They're comfortable and chic (yes, they are chic). 

Thanks so much for reading! And stay tuned for my next post. 



'TIL NEXT TIME!
richelledaily



No comments:

Post a Comment