I've hit pan!! with my top 3 drugstore contour powders


Hi guys! Today, I have a beauty post for you all. It has been a while since I have posted something about 'beauty items,' and I feel like I need to make my blog more universal, a bit of my personal life here and there and a bit of fashion plus beauty, as well. As it does say on my blog's heading that I am a lifestyle, beauty, fashion and diy type of blogger! 

Gotta live up to my name, hehe. 

Well today, I want to talk about my most favorite part of the make-up world... CONTOURING! People say eyeliner, eyebrows and falsies are their favorite part of their beauty routine, but for me, it has to be contouring. Contouring can do wonders to one's facial features or just give me that bit of color that I need on top of my foundation.

Here are three products that I love dearly and are very affordable! I am a powder-contour-typa-girl, so all three products are powder. However, I do wish to experiment with other contour products such as sticks and concealers. But for now, let us get on to my review!
PRODUCT: Elf Cosmetics Contouring Blush & Bronzer Duo | PRICE: $3 (Target)
This was my first ever contouring beauty product. It is in the shade "St. Lucia," because that is all that they had back then when I purchased it, now I believe they have another shade? But this was my holy grail back in High School, because I used it about everyday. The blush seemed a little too sparkly for me, but the bronzer did wonders to my cheek bones and gave that bit of shine to my cheeks, which I liked. This product is not matte at all, so if you do not like sparkles on your cheeks, keep reading for my next two products!

PRODUCT: NYC Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder | PRICE: $3.59 (Target)
THIS IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE DRUGSTORE CONTOUR POWDER EVER. I know other people might state otherwise, since the color can be a bit too dark for fair skinned people, but for a dark skinned girl like me, this is the real deal. It is a matte finished powder and when placed onto the hollows of my cheeks, ahh it is just great. It really gives me that glow that I want, without the shiny sparkle speckles on my face. I am absolutely in love with this little thing and I do tend to use this powder also to contour my nose and eyelids as well, when I do not feel like throwing on a bunch of eye shadows. This powder does it all!


PRODUCT: Maybelline FIT Me! Powder | PRICE: $5.59 (Target)
So this item here is a pressed powder, however, I use this color as a contour shade. What I did was just choose a pressed matte powder in a shade darker than my color for foundation and what not and use it to contour. It works just as good as the NYC matte bronzing powder, however, I do tend to mix this FIT me! powder along with the NYC underneath, just for that extra oomph of contour. If I am aiming for a bold contour, I do use both products and they do pair very nice. The color I use is in 355 and it is called "Coconut." Hehe, it's a good thing I like coconuts, too bad it doesn't smell like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment