Goals and Expectations for 2016

When it comes to having "New Year's Resolutions," many people are known to just jotting down a list of things and leaving them in an old notebook under their bed or on their iPhone's notes app. It's like perfecting the list and then months later, asking yourself, "What list?" 

For me this year, I guess I can say that there are some expectations and goals I hope to pursue this year, but who knows really whether or not I will do them. But why not make a list and give it a shot:

1. MAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF

2015 was a year of being busy all the time. I never found a time to just sit down and relax on my own. I always felt like I had to be doing something. It was the year I stopped reading, because I did not have enough time. It was the year I stopped staying home on certain nights, because I always felt like I had to do something. When in reality, there are some days when it is absolutely okay to just sit down and do nothing. I think 2016 is the year that I have to accept the fact that it is totally FINE and NORMAL to just sit down and do nothing. We all need to have a break from the world sometimes.

2. GO OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE

I have always been the type to just stick to the status quo. (HSM Reference) I have never really felt the urge to do something that I never thought I'd do. Well, I guess in 2015, I started this blog. But even with that being done, I still felt like a part of it was missing. Like a big chunk of icing was missing from the topping of this cake. So 2016 -- I do not know how I'll go out of my comfort zone, but I'll find some way to do so!

3. BUDGET, BUDGET, BUDGET

2015 was the year I doubled jobs. But it was also the year, I found myself not knowing how to budget. Having money can be one thing, but spending it all in one week and knowing that you don't get paid until another week, does kind of suck. 2016, let it be a year of learning how to 'adult' and knowing that paychecks are meant to be used wisely, not rushingly. 

4. STOP BEING NEGATIVE NANCY

If you personally know me, you would know that I'm the type of person who doesn't know how to look at the bright side of things. However that is something that I would like to change this year! In almost everything I found myself being more of negative and less of positive -- school, personal things, work, etc. I always spoke and complained about the things that were going wrong, rather than being thankful and grateful for the things that were going right in my life. You don't go very far if you have this negative mentality, trust me, I know it. Haha, but I guess that's why I want to change some ways this year, and find that light to see the bright side on the other spectrum of things. 

5. STRIVE

This year, 2016, I only have one word for myself and that's to "STRIVE." In all that I do and with all that I have, I can only make note to myself to just simply, 's t r i v e.' As the years pass, I'm not getting any younger, only older and hopefully, wiser. Lol. But this word, "strive," meaning to -- make great efforts to achieve or obtain something (thank you, Google) whether it's pursuing God's call for me or striving to better my relationships with people or striving in school, to do better than last semester. Whatever it is, this year, 2016... I simply just want to STRIVE to be a better version of myself. 

So CHEERS to 2016! I know it is February already, but it's never too late to set some goals/expectations for the new coming year. Let this new season that I enter be the year of growing and learning, just as every year is, but 2016 has a little twist. 

So Richelle, you can do it. You can do more than you can imagine. Your goals are just a glimpse of what you truly have ahead of you. Do not give up. Keep pursuing all that you want. Keep desiring and delighting yourself in Christ, for your plans are sure in His timing. It's all about being obedient and patient. Just keep trusting in His name. Do not lose sight of Him, for He is all you need for the year to come. You got this, dude! Just STRIVE! 

'Til Next Time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment