September 2015 Favorites {late post}


Hello reader!! This post is long over due, but how could I not share with you guys what I loved last month?! There's a couple of good things that I accumulated over the month that ended up being my absolute faves. Also, September was my birthday month, so I got a few good things :)

(CAUTION: I have a very messy room and I was too anxious to post about my faves, because I know I am not going to clean it up any time soon and I did not want to keep pushing back the date I post this... so please bare with my ugly setting and my unmade bed (it was not a good morning for me lol) for now and my messy hair.. I just got back from school so I look like a hot mess haha)

Lets start with my eyeglasses/sunglasses because I have three pairs!


URBAN OUTFITTERS READERS: So this past month, I got a stye... tmi, but it was the first time in a really long time that I ever got a stye, but I got one. So when you have a stye, you can't wear (or shouldn't wear) eye makeup. While I was browsing through my local mall, I stumbled upon these babies and decided to purchase them right on the spot. I got these because I have always been the type who wanted glasses, but never got them because of my 20/20 vision... weird of me? I know.

However, aside from the fact that I've always wanted a pair of fake glasses, it was a perfect way of hiding my stye at school and at work. So I killed two birds with one stone! It was kind of on the pricey side for a pair of fake glasses and I know there are many cheaper styles out there, but this pair just looks nice with the shape of my head.


LOVE CULTURE SUNGLASSES: Over Memorial Day weekend, I purchased these two pairs of sunnies from Love Culture, since it was a BOGO 50% off. Such a steal! They're the same exact style but two different colors. 

The left one has a marble brown tone to it and I like it a lot because I can wear that whenever I have a really dressy outfit. I think the shades make me look more sophisticated. As oppose to the ones on the right which is a red orange ombre finish, I think these are more on the casual side, such as an everyday pair of sunglasses that I can just have in the car or in my purse on the go. And I think it looks best with any "t shirt and boyfriend jean" combo. 


MAYBELLINE LIPSTICKS: There are two Maybelline lipsticks that I have loved the past month and still love. The first lipstick is in the shade "Touchable Taupe," it is a brown toned color and it is a perfect natural brown shade for my skin tone. It has a smooth application onto my lips and VERY moisturizing!! No chapstick is needed, this lipstick does the work.

The second lipstick on the right is a matte finish. It is in the shade "Touch of Spice." I don't know why both names start with "Touch..." haha what a coincidence. But anyways! I like this product because of the long lasting formula and the subtle shade of dusty rosy pink makes this lipstick a perfect wear for fall!


ALEX AND ANI: This right here was 1/2 gifts that I received this year. This gift was from one of my best friends, Jashley. I have always wanted an ALEX AND ANI bracelet, but I never found the perfect one to buy since there's so many choices! Basically, "ALEX AND ANI" bracelets are made out of recyclable products and each bracelet is made uniquely. I want to start a collection of these bracelets, so what better way to begin a collection with a monogram bracelet! Love this bracelet so much I wear it everyday. 


THE NUDES PALETTE BY MAYBELLINE: I have been having this palette for a while now, but decided to throw it in my September favorites. What I love most about this palette is the selection of browns I can choose from. Perfect for an everyday look, but also if you want to go bold with a dark smokey eye, this palette can also do the trick. I suggest using an eyelid primer first, because the fallout and consistency of this palette can wear off throughout the day. But for a palette that's only a couple of dollars AND from the drugstore? Now that's a bang for my buck.


CRACKED SUEDE SK8-HI's: Last but not least, my Vans Sk8-Hi's are a pair of shoes I have been wearing nonstop! This was a birthday gift from my boyfriend and I have always been eyeing this shoe since a year ago, but I always pushed back when I would purchase them for myself. I kept telling myself, "next paycheck.." but once I said that, these were gone in my size. So I thought this pair was difficult to find, because it was an online exclusive. However! Jeffrey was able to find my size and voila! I now have a pair. 

This shoe is comfortable and what I like about this sk8-hi is that it's not too difficult to put on because of the zipper in the back. Love it so much. I'll probably do a "How To Style Sk8-Hi" post in the future, so keep an eye for that. ;)

And that's a wrap!! Thanks so much for reading me ramble on about these items. When I love something, I LOOOOOOVEE it to the point that I can talk so much about. 

Which item do you think you'd love? And what were some items from your September faves? I'd love to hear so I can try some products for this month. Hehe. 



TIL NEXT TIME!!!!!
R I C H E L L E D A I L Y

No comments:

Post a Comment