Richelle's Foodie Diary Entry #1: KOTOSH

Hi there! After my last post about 'opening up,' I decided to start anew with something I believe everyone enjoys... FOOD!!! To add some twist to this little ole blog of mine. So I will begin a new series called, "Richelle's Foodie Diary." Since the number one thing I do most of my time if I am not at work, school, or church is go out to eat!! Basically my paycheck goes to food.. well most of it at least. I think we're all guilty of that hehe. Here's entry #1 to my new series. So my first stop in this foodie diary is a Peruvian Japanese style restaurant called, "Kotosh." 


Name: Kotosh | Location: Lomita, California | Price: $$ (If we're going by Yelp) | Rating: 7/10

I went to this place for lunch with my boyfriend, Jeffrey. We tend to both get different meals whenever we go out to eat since in the end we can always share what we got. 


Dish: Lomo Saltado | I got a crowd favorite, which is the "Lomo Saltado," a very popular Peruvian style meal, but this was Kotosh's version of it. It included papas fritas (french fries), your choice of seafood or beef, tomato, cilantro, grilled onions and a side of rice. I've had this before, but never had it at Kotosh. To me, it tasted like any other Lomo Saltado that I have ever tried. What made it better though was their green sauce... MmMMmM!! This meal was pretty filling, because the fries made the dish very heavy, but overall it was a good dish that I usually enjoy at other Peruvian restaurants. 


Dish: Chicharron Mixto Al Ajo | This was Jeff's meal, a bit on the pricey side, but it was good!!! It was basically a seafood dish (shrimp, squid and squid legs) that was fried mixed in with an orange sauce that was very savory. It was something that we both could have shared, but didn't. There was plenty of left overs, but next time we'll know and remember to share! If you don't like seafood then this meal may not be for you, but the green sauce honestly can mix in with anything at a Peruvian place. 



Ultimately, this place was a 7 out of 10. Not the best Peruvian place that I've eaten at, but not the worst! Jeff's dish was totally worth our money. The reason why this place doesn't get a 10 out of 10 is because I expected more from their Lomo Saltado, but maybe that just wasn't what they're known for. 

However, I would find myself coming back to this place! And if you're in the area and want to give it a try, it is in a pretty small plaza and it can be really easy to miss. So just keep an eye out for when you look for this place! Thanks for reading!!!


'TIL NEXT TIME!! 
richelledaily

No comments:

Post a Comment