Broken souls renewed by His Grace | Currently Playing: 'Empires' Hillsong United ♫


 "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

2 CORINTHIANS 12:8-9 (NIV)


Hillsong United finally released their awaiting album, "Empires," yesterday in the US. I pre-ordered this album about a month ago when 'Touch the Sky' first came out and iTunes gave me my notification last night that the album was now available to listen to. I squealed. The waiting game was over and it was officially here. No more teasers and no more trailers, the album was finally in my hands. 

If you do not know who Hillsong United is, they are a Christian music group that derived from the Hillsong Church in Sydney, Australia which is ran by Pastor Brian Houston. It has been so awesome to see this band's growth over the years, from "Oceans" to being a huge hit to their new album "Empires," this band has gotten a lot of attention lately and it is all due to God's glory, of course! 



When I attended Hillsong United's mini concert a couple weeks ago at the Nokia Theatre Live, it was the first time that they have ever played any of their songs from the album, since the album was not really out yet. Just hearing their commentaries before each song and explaining how each song was composed and what inspired them to write it in such a way, man you could really feel it. You feel the realness of God. 

What I mean about 'realness,' is not me saying that before I thought God was not 'real.' What I mean is that when they explained their songs individually, you understand how broken every one. How this world is so indulged in their insecurities, in their pains and in their sufferings. How this world is so consumed by past mistakes and past tribulations. Often times, as Christians, we can see ourselves falling into the pit of darkness. Life sometimes just does not make sense. But you understand how REAL God works in the midst of brokenness. 


Hillsong United explained to us that in this world of despair and unevenness, in this world of hurt -- we are renewed by His grace. We must praise Him thoroughly throughout our tainted lives. We must be awakened and see clearly. We must continue to worship and love, because that is all we can give to the one who gave it all. Every single one of us is broken in our own way, nobody is THE 'p e r f e c t' Christian, but we can always strive and work to become the THE 'b e s t' Christian we were all called to be. 

This album is all about being an EMPIRE  for Christ in this collapsed world. That through the rough edges of this place and the rapid changes that are being made, there is one thing that remains and that is our Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ. His immeasurable Grace, His immeasurable Love, His immeasurable Peace will always be there and is forever unchanging. This album is really all about building that Empire for the one who deserves it. 

Which brings me to the verse I stumbled upon:  "Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me." 
2 CORINTHIANS 12:8-9 (NIV)

It is exactly what Empires is all about. That through the weaknesses we have, His grace will ALWAYS be sufficient for us, His grace is made PERFECT in our weaknesses. So be glad that we have a God who is ALMIGHTY and ALL KNOWING, a God who has a never ending downpour of grace. 

If you have a Spotify, here's the album! 
|| My current favorites: 'Here Now (Madness)' 
& 'Even When it Hurts (Praise Song)' 
& 'Captain' ||




Thanks for reading!
God Bless &
'Til next time,
richelledaily

No comments:

Post a Comment