February 2015 Favorites! // iPhone quality edition


Hi guys! I know it has been a long time since I have updated my blog, but what better way to make a come back and introduce the new month with a monthly favorites. I have accumulated some beauty products that I have enjoyed for not only the month of February, but have been enjoying over the past few months. I just decided to finally pick the pieces of which ones I wanted to share with you guys and hope you guys enjoy them just as much as I do! 
So here they go:


Picture #1: (Hair product)

Item - TRESemme Dry Shampoo 

I chose this item because I am one of the unfortunate ones who have easily irritated scalps. I can't always shower all the time due to the fact that my hair creates snow aka dandruff. So my solution to becoming dandruff danny all the time is, wait for it... DRY SHAMPOO! 

This stuff is magic and makes my mornings as I get ready for the day so much quicker. I have gone through many dry shampoos, but this one has been working out the best for me. It adds the extra oomph to my hair by taking away any oils in my hair that causes it too look greasy and helps a lot in between washes of my hair. It also smells pretty great and helps my hair with a little bit of volume, since I am an Asian girl with typical flat hair. 

Overall, I would highly recommend anyone to use a dry shampoo in between washes of your hair, because it is quick and easy and is a good use for those of you who like to shower your hair every other day! 


Picture #2: (Lip products)

Items - Maybelline New York Baby Lips
      - Nivea: A Kiss of Milk & Honey
      - Wet 'N Wild MegaLast Lip Color
      - Wet 'N Wild Lip Liner

The Maybelline Baby Lips have always been my holy grail, ever since they ever came out with this line. The color that I use is 'grape vine,' and I absolutely love the way it makes my lips a tad bit tinted of a berry color, but not really. The other baby lip colors just don't work as well on my skin tone than this one. 

Nivea: A kiss of Milk & Honey is a new addition to my make up storage this month. I enjoy the smoothness of my lips every time I use this lip balm. Honestly, my baby lips will never ever make my lips feel as great as this glue stick looking tube does. I am obsessed with lip balms and this is a really good one if you have a secret obsession too. The scent is really a 'kiss of milk and honey.' 

The next two items are by Wet 'N Wild and to be honest I am a sucker for cheap make up. Wet 'N Wild matte lip sticks are a steal! They're only $1.99! I get mine from CVS because it has more colors than other places and usually they have deals such as buy one get one 50% off, so why the heck not?! The lip color I have been using this month is 'Mocha-Licious' along with the lip liner above in the color 'Chestnut.' The two just work perfect together and create a not so dark lip that has a touch of nude to it, if that makes any sense at all; but I can always post a pic of and show you guys what I mean. 

Picture #3: (Eyebrow treatment)

Item - Anastasia Beverly Hills Eyebrow Gel in Caramel

So I have been having this brow gel in my make up bag for a few months and of course, I love it! It has been my replacement from the Elf eyebrow gel, however, Anastasia is more on the pricey side, but luckily I got this baby for $15 when it is originally $22. 

What I like about this item is because it evens out the dip brow that I use which is another Anastasia Beverly Hills product but in the color 'Chocolate.' I asked the Ulta beauty supply worker which tinted gel color I should get and she suggested 'Caramel' and wala! The gel really gives a nice touch to the dark shade that I use for my brows and keeps my brows in place all day. 

Picture #4: (Face products)

Items - Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in Tan Deep Sand
          - Neutrogena Powder Foundation in Natural Beige
          - Maybelline New York FIT Me! in Coconut

I am sure everyone has heard great reviews on the Tarte Amazonian Clay foundation and of course for a dark skinned gal like me I had to get 'Tan Deep Sand.' I love this foundation because it is so silky and smooth and applies with a matte finish! This foundation lasts all days and gives me that easy full coverage that I need. It really is long lasting and holds for 12 hours!

The powder foundation by Neutrogena is one of the newest members of my make up family and it has been a nice foundation to use when I do not feel like applying liquid foundation to my face. It is very natural, hence the shade 'Natural beige,' and feels very weightless. This foundation is only used when I am feeling lazy and don't feel like caking my face up; this product does not really cover all my blemishes, so I suggest using a concealer underneath.

My FIT Me! powder in the shade 'Coconut' is used as a bronzer. Yeah, I don't really like the whole sparkly bronzer shades, because I look like Edward from Twilight. I really like matte shades for bronzers and the color 'Coconut' glides right on to the crease of my cheeks and gives me the cheek bones that I wish I had. Haha! 

____________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading, y'all!
'Til next time,
richelledaily



No comments:

Post a Comment